Friday, June 5, 2020

RESEARCH: MOVIE TRAILER WEBSITES

When I want to access trailers I mainly use online resources, or at the cinema. The cinema is extremely effective way of finding trailers I would enjoy as they are fitted for me to enjoy as it is similar to the movie I am watching there. Of course, online is a lot quicker and more accessible. I like using social media sites such as YouTube to find trailers I would like.


IMBd

IMBd is a website owned by Amazon and it contains information on films both new and old. It features trailers, making it a popular place to find trailers on upcoming films.
I have used IMDb for a long time now but usually I would use it to access extra information on a film like the actors/actresses within the film, the awards the film may have received, the directors etc. Although I have recently discovered that IMDb offers a way for viewers to watch film trailers, this is a really efficient way to access movie trailers as it is very quick and gives lots of database on each film.



iTUNES

iTunes has a movie trailer page, which personally I don't use very often. However, many people like to use it and it has no adverts on it or during trailers which is appealing to many people. You can sort these movie previews by recently added, most popular, exclusive, genre and studio. The search tool lets you find trailers by cast members and directors. A
pple have a very wide range of films and often have high end production films with some of my favourite talents



ROTTEN TOMATOES

Scrolling through the movie trailers on Rotten Tomatoes is easy because they're all on a single page. Just find the section you want, such as movies on Netflix, and select any image to open the trailer for that movie. You can also browse movie trailers by when the film will be in theatres and by the top-streamed movies. Sorting and filtering options let you find trailers for movies that have a particular Rotten Tomatoes score, movies in one or more specific genres, and films that are popular or that were recently added to the site. Normally I use rotten tomatoes for reviews of TV shows and movies however after finding out that they show trailers too, it is extremely useful.


YOUTUBE


Another way I access movie trailers which I opt to the most is through YouTube. I use YouTube on a daily basis as a form of entertainment. Watching both trailers and content created by anyone is interesting to watch and easily accessible. Although there are ads between and during videos, sometimes the adverts show movie trailers making me want to watch new movies that I may not have known about before.Youtube is a quick and easy way to watch film trailers as you can easily search in the search engine and it will come up. 




The FDA Yearbook 2020 has updated information on how audiences use specific website like YouTube and how important social network sites like Twitter are. The info about how audiences use IMDB supports our opinion that it is more than a database but also functions as a site that audiences use to view trailers, with Joker, Avengers Endgame and KGF Chapter 1 the top three.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully clear research with a real sense of personal engagement. Thorough and detailed.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

WELCOME MODERATOR ! by eviegracehand